Wednesday, May 19, 2010

direct

'I wish people were more direct about things.
Sugarcoating sucks. If you don't like something about me...tell me.
If you like me...tell me.
If you want me to do something...tell me.
Don't wait till I figure it out, cause I have really bad timing.
It'll probablyy be too late by the time I realise...seriously'

-lmc


'I was the young starlet, he was the ambitious director.
He had found me in the talent directory,
Hoping for a star, not just another pretty face.
He directed with great passion and vision, and soon I fell for him.
I was naive and impressionable, and i longed for his directive
not only on camera, but offcamera too.
He was notorious for his directness,
And yet I was still unprepared when he told me that we could never be.
Such a cruel and direct answer.
I cried and pleaded that without him i had no direction in life,
but he merely stared, those usual eyes of fiery passion,
glazed over with a blankness i had never before seen.
"You don't need a direction in life, because your life is going nowhere."
I couldn't believe my ears, and I ran, with tears streaming down my face.
I didn't stop running, couldn't stop running, in no particular direction,
...directly into you.
I apologised, and fell to the ground, exhausted with no dignity and no hope left.
You pulled me up, and wiped away my tears.
You were the direct opposite of him, a man with no ambition, no vision,
Just a simple man, with a caring soul and a smile that melted my heart.
My broken heart and shattered dreams had brought me directly to you.
And now, I have a new direction in life.
A life of loving you.'

-mh

4 comments:

  1. ily :) LOL i wonder if this is direct enough. i actually copied this and pasted it onto 4 convos tonight. im so cool like that :x LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol THAT is a very direct move.
    hopefully they will be able to be as direct to you as you to them :)

    ReplyDelete