Tuesday, May 31, 2011

facade

Dear You,

It's been a while since we've talked...the longest we haven't talked. I don't know what's going on, how you've been or what you've been up to, but I'm good. A little stressed about exams but the same old same old. I've been told on numerous occasions that I've changed and sometimes I wonder if you have too. I wonder if you still look at my blogs or check my facebook to check up on me. You crossed my mind and I felt compelled to check yours. You seem well, you seem happy and I can honestly take a step back and be happy for you. At one point or another you meant so much to me and it does hurt that we aren't as close anymore. Never was it my intention to allow my stubbornness nor yours to distance us, but it has and that's what life teaches you. People do walk in and out of your life easily and effortlessly but it's up to you to keep them. It's a two way street and sometimes when you want them to stay bad enough, you will put in extra effort, but i guess neither of us did that huh? My lack of effort to stay in touch and your inability to reciprocate when I did was all it needed to say goodbye. Looking at old photos I couldn't help but smile. We may not have the moments but at least we have the memories.

xx.
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment